Our street is named after Barthélémy Thimonnier (1793-1857), a tailor who invented the sewing machine. Built between 1895 and 1896, it presents, together with Rue Lentonnet, a remarkable architectural unit that is typical of the end of the 19th century, unaffected by monotony and bursting with originality.
The buildings were constructed by various renowned Parisian architects. Don’t miss the façades of the following buildings: no. 2, constructed by P. Lobrot (1896); no. 3, by Georges Farcy (1896); nos. 4, 5, 6 and 7, by P. Dureau and Emile Orieme (1897 and 1898), and no. 9, by M. Moreau (1895).